Even with Firedaemon I am unable to reach the network share I need to however, I have bigger problems.  I found part of my problem is that another exe of the same name exists on my PC.  I've fixed that but now slim.exe is forcing the command window to stay open, other exe's don't do that but they are native windows apps.

On 6/22/05, kdf <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Quoting Roy Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >:

> I tried submiting from the forum but received no answer.
>
> I've noticed that if I start Slim.exe from a command prompt (the same holds
> true for slimserver.pl) with an asynchronous launcher, the program never
> starts. Just starting from a command line it works fine. Due to networking
> limitations I am unable to run SS as a service, I would however like to run
> SS without a dos window open. Is this a slimserver problem or an active perl
> problem?

Its been a while since I've tried running as a service, but you could try
Firedaemon.  I don't think that left a dos box open.

-kdf

Do meddle in the affairs of Dragons,
for you are crunchy and good with Tabasco.