stuorguk Wrote:
> You shouldn't need any firewalls.  The Linksys will protect you.  XP's
> firewall is just a waste of resources.
>
> Stuart.

Not sure I'd agree with this.  The XP firewall may not be up to much -
I'd recommend using a better, third party one - but it is better than
nothing.  And you really can't rely on an external router for full
protection - for example its very unlikely to protect you against
outbound "bad" traffic if you've caught, say, a Trojan from an incoming
email (which your router won't catch).

The safest arrangement is the belt AND the braces...

Ceejay.

--
ceejay