Whoa. Lots to respond to.

- The SqueezeNetwork PIN asssociated with each player is a way to associate your Squeezebox2 (or many of them) with your SqueezeNetwork account. When you first connect your SB2 to the SqueezeNetwork, it will display a PIN. Subsequently, you can always find it when connected to SqueezeNetwork via Settings > Squeezebox PIN. Note that this PIN is a time-limited randomly-generated number sequence that does change, so don't be surprised if you see a different number the next time you look. Of course, you'll only need it once per player to associate your SB2 with your SN account.

- You do need to upgrade to SlimServer 6.1b1 before connecting to the SqueezeNetwork - both use firmware 14. If you connected using an earlier firmware revision, you'll be forced to update firmware.

- Press and hold PAUSE to "stop" the player.

- You can install a new version of SlimServer over an older version without uninstalling on Windows and Mac. On rpm-based Linux distributions you will have to do a rpm -U.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I missed anything.
--Vidur

glmason wrote:

Well I'm sure I went about the whole thing the wrong way... But it does
illistrate a point.

It was before work, so not a lot of time, I was signing up for the
Squeezenetwork and needed the "Pin" (so I had not really signed up yet)
I looked for the pin via the sever's web interface, could find anything
like it... so I thought oh must be the "setting" on the SB2. So went to
the living room to use the remote on the SB2. Found "setting" (BTW I had
not downloaded or set up the 6.1b1, though I did have the 6.1 from some
nightly build I guess) but I was just going to look for the "pin" - I
thought that the pin might be in the SB2 firmware or something like a
MAC address, burned in at manufacture time. So I found player info, but
still not pin... there was something about squeezenetwork info so I
press that button... so the SB2 starts updating firmware... interups
the music - my wife is trying to listen to meditation music... I'm not
ready for this... but there is no cancel buton on the remote. So I
guess because I did not have the 6.1b1 installed when I signed off the
network the SB2 didn't know where else to go.

The remote needs somekind of OBVIOUS "oh hell I didn't mean that"
button, I've run in to other problems like that where I wish I could
just stop what is happening but there is no "stop" "cancel" or "go
back" button (it is true that the right arrow preforms this function...
BUT from a consumer products point of view, and from non-geek user
prespective, the remote is not as "intuitive" as a toaster yet. A lot
of hidden meaning. I understand that this is all beta stuff, so I'm not
complaining, just passing on information about usibility.

In addition the lack of a "stop" button means that when I turn things
"off" at night and try to start a new playlist in the morning the
buffer is still full of the previous playlist and I get some funky
sounds - a sorta SB2 buffer re-mix. I would be nice to have a "clear"
way to "stop" the player at night, not just "pause" it, clearing the
buffer.

So don't get me wrong I think this is a great system and I love my SB2
and I'm only trying to help.

So I'll go back home tonight after beginning to peice all the
infomation together and try installing every thing the correct way. But
also no one answered Khuli's question, and I had the same question when
I installed 6.1... can we install over the top of an older version, so
should we uninstall then reinstall?