results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14863
Question: Would you be interested in a better remote?

- No, I'm happy with the current design
- Yes, it should be included with the SB
- Yes, but I'm willing to buy a "designer" remote as an optional
  extra.

mherger Wrote:

> Mike - would you mind giving this a try? Download SlimCD from my site
> and
> run slimserver from this livecd (it won't touch nor hurt your existing
>
> installation). If you can access your music files from this system we
>
> could easily compare the performance of the two operating systems.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?
I can boot successfully form the SlimCD. I can browse all my drives
using the supplied Midnight Commander, but when I attempt to get
Slimserver to use any drive or folder (at all) on my PC as it's music
folder it just reports it as an invalid directory.
I have been mounting the drives (why do I have to do this?) using the
little button to the left of the arrow buttons on the drive status
indicator panel.

On thing, I'm not too sure of the syntax to reference drives using
Unix. I have tried many variations to get Slimserver to index my
files... should  sda1:\LosslessMusic  likely to work?

Odd things with this SlimCD installation include:
I get a funny keyboard layout which does not seem to change after I
have selected the UK layout
I've no idea what the big button below the little left and right arrows
on the drive status indicator panel is for.
My mouse-pad does not work

Any help or pointers would be appreciated

Simon Turner
Barcombe UK

--
ModelCitizen