SBG = SB1 with graphical display.

Max - can you deal with diffs against the latest subversion? If so I will send you something off line or on the dev's list. I think you are on linux?

Adrian

Could you not have the screensaver trigger on power off if brightness !=
0 and then be triggered on every brightness change when power == 0 and
new brightness != 0?  Things shouldn't look odd on a brightness change,
as the change would simply start the screensaver from scratch.  I
realise here that I'm making suggestions without having a clue about
the code, so I won't take offense if you just say "no, it's a lot more
complicated than that!".  Which bits of the code are relevant here?  I
haven't taken the plunge into the server code yet, but do vaguely
understand perl and am a professional developer/sysadmin.

What's an SBG?  If you have to update devices' displays every second in
order to assure them that you're alive, can you not just send a single
character "ping" every second if you're not running the screensaver due
to conditions above?