kdf Wrote:
> not low priority, just very very messy.

If variable naming conventions are designated in either the artwork or
artwork thumbnail prefs, then after a scan is completed, make a second
pass, looping over all tracks in the database.  In the second pass, the
track files don't need to read again.  Mostly you're just doing
directory lookups and table updates.

Join tracks, contributors, albums, genres tables to get the
substitution strings.

Contstruct the one or two filenames using the strings and do directory
lookups.  Update track and album artwork if the files are found.

This doesn't strike me as being messy.  I don't know about
time/efficiency, but there are probably some optimizations.  First, I
wouldn't permit all of the strings used in Title formatting - it's
extremely unlikely anyone is going to name artwork using things like
SHORTDATE, TAGSIZE, PATH, BITRATE, filesize or many of the others.

--
JJZolx

Jim