File this under "ask and ye shall receive."  I've created a condensed
font for the default SB2 "standard" font size.  It's based on Gill Sans
Condensed with a few tweaks here and there. It looks substantially more
attractive to me and fits more characters on the screen without
compromising legibility.  A screenshot of SoftSqueeze using this font:

http://klio.org/pictures/slimserver/screenshot.jpg

You can download it at:

http://klio.org/pictures/slimserver/modified-standard.2.font.bmp

Just copy it to the graphics directory of your SlimServer installation,
making sure to rename it to "standard.2.font.bmp", and then restart
SlimServer.

I think I've done everything properly -- I've got all the accented
characters in, I've made sure the numbers are all the same width (as
the clock otherwise shifts position as seconds tick off), and it
generally looks okay for me.  I'm a bit worried that the accented
capitals are too high, but I don't have any files that have accented
capitals, so am not worrying about it for the moment.  Download it and
let me know if anything looks off with it.

--
mkozlows