Randall wrote:
Hello SB lovers.  As a happy owner of 6 squeezboxes, I have created an
in wall solution so that it can look as attractive in the wall as it
does sound and function.

You can check it out here.
http://www.rondelet.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=60&PN=1&TPN=1

Also, I can continue to build them for others if desired.  I'm open for
ideas.

I love it. I love the idea, and your implementation look really solid.

My ideal implementation would fit in a standard switch box, and have at least the basic control buttons (play, pause, skip, and volume up/down) on the panel.

The industry used to make, and maybe still does make, amplified in-wall speakers. You need to run power, but you don't need to run to your amp, just straight out of the pre-amp. The down side is that you need to run power, and they cost a bit. I think they were made by B&W under the name "Casa."