brinko99 Wrote:
> Within the directory "The Singles", there was a shortcut for some reason
> to X:\mp3\U2.
>
> This caused the Slimserver to stop scanning and not pickup anything
> after that.  There were no songs in the database at all after U2.
>
> I don't know if this is expected behavior but clearly not a typical
> circumstance.

Whether it's expected would have to be answered by the developers.  Is
scanning halted whenever a circular reference is detected?  Seems like
it should recover more gracefully.

> However, I could see the possibility of using a shortcut to somewhere
> another.  For example, I might want to put a shortcut in the U2 folder
> to a Sinead O'Connor album "Featuring Bono".  I don't know if this
> would cause the Slimserver to recurse or hault or fail.  Any opinions?

How are you thinking SlimServer will pick up and associate the 2nd
artist with the track(s)?  Once a file is is scanned, it's scanned - it
shouldn't matter how you got to the file.  Artist information is
generally read directly from a file's tags.  Or maybe you're referring
to using the file path and Guess Tags.  Even if SlimServer currently
had the ability to associate multiple artists with a single track
(which it doesn't, although it's been talked about), I'm fairly sure
that you'll never get Guess Tags to recognize a pattern like
/ARTIST1/ARTIST2/ALBUM/TITLE.

--
JJZolx

Jim