I've generated some test tones (100-3000 in 100Hz increments, then
1000Hz incrememnts up to 14Khz) and it seems that the 8-bar Spectrum
Analyzer is not weighting the lower frequencies as strongly as it
possibly should. I tested using MP3 format as for some reason my SBG2
wouldn't play the WAV formats.

It would appear that the following frequencies correspond to each bar:

Code:
--------------------

  Bar 1 -         0Hz - 1000Hz
  Bar 1 & 2 -  1100Hz - 1900Hz
  Bar 2 -      2000Hz - 2500Hz
  Bar 2 & 3 -  2600Hz - 3000Hz
  Bar 3 -      4000Hz
  Bar 4 -      5000Hz
  Bar 4 & 5 -  6000Hz
  Bar 5 & 6 -  7000Hz
  Bar 6 -      8000Hz
  Bar 7 -      9000Hz
  Bar 7 & 8 -  10,000Hz
  Bar 8 -      11,000Hz
  Bar 7 & 8 -  12,000Hz
  Bar 7 -      13,000Hz
  Bar 6 & 7 -  14,000Hz
  Bar 8
  14,000
  13,000
  12,000
  11,000
  4000        5000  6000        7000  8000        9000  10,000
  2600-3000
  2000-2500
  1100-1900
  Bar 1   |   Bar 2   |   Bar 3   |   Bar 4   |   Bar 5   |   Bar 6   |   Bar 7
  |   Bar 8   |

--------------------

For some reason frequencies above 11K are begin to appear in lower bars
of the analyzer.

It would better, I think, if the first 4 bars were used to represent
frquencies between 0-3500Hz, with the remaining 4 bars used for
frequencies above 3000Hz. This may give a better representation that at
present.

eg.

Code:
--------------------

  11,000+
  10,000
  9000
  8000
  7000
  6000
  5000
  4000
  3100-3500
  2600-3000
  2100-2500
  1600-2000
  1100-1500
  600-1000
  Bar 1   |   Bar 2   |   Bar 3   |   Bar 4   |   Bar 5   |   Bar 6   |   Bar 7
  |   Bar 8   |

I'll take a look and see if I can tweak anything in squeezebox2.pm, but
as I know next to nothing about Perl I'm not expecting much success! :)

--
Milhouse