Quoting cliveb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> There's a button on the Squeezebox remote (SLEEP) that I never use. If I
> can find some way to make Squeezebox/Slimserver ignore it, I would like
> to use it to control another device (remote switch on/off of my power
> amps), as I can set up an IR receiver to respond to any IR code and
> throw a power relay.
>
> I there any way to do this? If it involves modifying the Perl source
> code I'm happy to try it, although since I don't know Perl I'd need
> fairly detailed guidance.

look in IR/Default.map

there you will find the full list of button = function mappings for every mode.
disable and change at will. Make a new file (custom.map) and add:

[common]
sleep = dead

then save it.  Then you can choose custom.map from player settings->remote
(after a restart of the server) for ever player that you want to have a
disabled sleep button

-kdf