Hi John

Happy to help you set up xAP again if you want   ???

I have CallerID display working on all my Slim players currently and using (free) xAP Switchboard it also shows you the geographic area name, the callers name and company on selectable Slimp3/Squeezebox/SoftSqueeze players (by name). Your call history can even be accessed as an RSS feed so you can examine last calls from your Slim screen and remote. :-) Plus xAP Switchboard provids a full web based log of all incoming and outgoing calls and even integrates with multiple instances of Outlook over the Network. Supports Skype too *screenshot http://tinyurl.com/akt36* Through the web interface if you have a postcode entry for the caller you get a street level map of the callers location even ! Very 'big brother' - (otherwise its a local area based on the callers number) . In the US this is local area based on zip code.

Some of these features are dependent on your hardware CID device and the corresponding xAP conduit. xAPTel supports all these features using the Meteor or Pegasus CID units in the UK and various other apps are available that support incoming call logging with the US NetCallerID unit and some modems (mainly US, or Pace in the UK).
Some more thoughts inline...

JohnQuirk wrote:

Hello all,
For the last two years I ahve, on and off, been trying to get callerID
working reliably from my server to my slim players. I've tried YAK and
my preference "Who's Calling" which does Slim integration natively.
With both of these programs I get the display on my server monitor when
a call comes in. I also get the display on my SoftSqueeze screen, but
the display does not go to any of my hardware players, they stay
displaying whatever they are doing, but no callerID.
There was a recent period when the SlimServer CLI seemed to not display messages correctly on the hardware players - they would only appear for a fraction of a second but later betas and the current 6.1beta2 seem to have this fixed. Could that be it ?

I can get the display to work on one of the hardware boxes (either
SliMP3 or SBG) by forgetting my softsqueeze player. It then displays on
the lowest player alphabetically.
IIRC the "Who's Calling" app only handles display on one Slim player doesn't it ? (which was why before you moved to using xAP as a helper ??). I seem to remember there was some issue in that you were using a TAPI modem weren't you (which we don't currently support via xAP).

Kevin

xAP Switchboard   http://www.mi4.biz  *http://tinyurl.com/8vk89*
xAP Slim conduit     http://www.xapframework.net
xAP  http://www.xapautomation.org