I have two Squeezebox2's, one in my lounge, one in my bedroom. When I first got them they worked perfectly but after having the one in the bedroom disconnected for a number of days whilst redecorating, I now cannot get them both working again.

When I power up the first player it works fine and appears in slimserver as 192.168.1.102. Then when I power up the second player it sort of 'overrides' the first one and appears in slimserver as 192.168.1.103, and 102 is gone. If I power them up in reverse order then 102 overrides 103. With both players powered up the first one locks up completely and refuses to respond to remote commands, and the second player's response to remote commands is very erratic (although it can still be controlled from slimserver).

I cannot get both players to appear simultaneously in slimserver as they used to, only the player plugged in last appears in slimserver. Both players work perfectly when the other is disconnected.

The same thing happens if I use static IP addresses.

As far as I know nothing has changed in my setup. I have unplugged everything else from my router (Linksys WAG54G) so that I have only the two players and the PC running slimserver plugged in.

Running latest version of slimserver (6.0.2 - 3085) and player firmware (11). Windows XP pro.

I'm at my wits end. Anyone have any ideas?