An SB with an FM tuner would probably generate an additional 10% import duty
in Europe and Australia...food for thought.

Patrick

On 7/20/05 4:05 PM, "Olaf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> lostboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14056
>>
> For what it's worth:  I think that there are very tempting reasons why one
> might want to pick music from the air BUT ... I tried it for a while with
> DABBar, and while it works in some fashion (channel switching is painfully
> slow - a problem you may have less of using FM (less buffering)), there is one
> inescapable limitation: you only have ONE tuner.  And your family will
> invariably want to listen to different stations on their SBs...
>
> Internet streaming, while generally of poorer quality, is FAR easier.

---
Patrick Cosson
V-P, Sales & Marketing
Slim Devices, Inc.
415-359-7407 cell
413-638-5248 efax

"I'm thoroughly impressed with the SqueezeBox2‹packing this number of
features into a high-quality product in this price range, and making it
absolutely user-friendly even for non-techies, is a feat that deserves a
standing ovation."

Ian Johnson | Globe & Mail | June 14, 2005