ModelCitizen;328614 Wrote:
> OK. So it appears I don't need to install the SugarCube plugin then?
> But I still needed to install MusicIP and use the Spicefly instructions
> to get it running in headless mode though?
>
> Oh, what fun to be bleedin' edge.
>
> MC

The SugarCube plugin is a complete different animal that uses the
functionality of MusicIP to create an endless playlist on the flight.
MusicIP creates Playlists based on a single track/album seed with a
fixed playlist length... (Correct me if I'm wrong here, I don't
remember if one can create endless playlists with MusicIP)
MusiIP=Single root->Multiple Branches. Sugarcube, on the other hand,
creates a dynamic "endless" playlist based on the currently playing
song. Sugarcube=Multiple Roots->Single Branch. I hope I made sense. I
use both as you end with completly different playlists (moods).
Currently Sugarcube is having issues generating playlists if the next
track has extended characters in its path or filename. I hope this is
fixed in the not too distant future as my music library has a large
percentage of World Music that has been ripped/tagged using their
native language. When Sugarcube is enabled and working as designed...
You just play one track, sit back and let the virtual DJ in Sugarcube
take over.

--
tamanaco