Pat,
Thanks. By the way, prior to posting, I did search the forums on the
words "Controller battery" and went through the first 20 items without
seeing anything related to my questions. Another forum I use,
Head-Fi.org, has implemented Google Custom Search, which seems to
return much more relevant results than the standard forum search tools
(including the advanced search). Perhaps Slim Devices/Logitech could
add Google Custom Search to the forums here. It would really help
people use the knowledge base here more effectively.

--
TiredLegs