Update: I got it working, but I had to do a clean install of
SqueezeCenter and WaveInput.

I'm chasing latency/quality issues now, but basically it's working. I
suspect my current Dell Lattitude stock Sigmatel drivers and/or
hardware are at fault for quality problems; I seem to be getting
distortion and significant latency (even with small buffers (2x2048)
several seconds.

Technical question if anyone knows, what determines when FLAC is used?
When I play wavIn:0, sometimes it shows "0, wavin", sometimes "0, wav"
and sometimes "o, flc" -- without me changing the ultimate sound player
I'm using... and I'm certainly not playing flac files... a mystery.

Thanks for the pointer!
aaron

--
aaron_in_sf