Hi rds,

On Jul 24, 2005, at 7:39 AM, rds wrote:
In 6.0.2, small changes to playlists were immediately recognized. For
example, I could add a new radio station to an existing .m3u file and
SlimServer would re-read the file and the change would be effective
immediately. Not so on 6.1.1. It appears that a rescan is now
necessary.
This is a bug and dan has committed a fix for it. Should make it into 6.1.2.

However, when I use rescan with the 'rescan playlists only'
option, SlimServer crashes.
Thanks for the report. Dan's having trouble reproducing the problem. Bug has been filed.

Suffice to say, because of these (and numerous other issues) I've had
to revert back to 6.0.2.
Please do post your other issues as you can. We're working hard to iron out the issues in the latest release.

I recall reading that in 6.1 playlists are now stored in the database,
which is fine, but there should at least be some sort of trigger
mechanism to immediately auto-rescan playlist files that have changed.
Absolutely.