On Jul 25, 2005, at 8:57 AM, tim wrote:
I figured out how to downgrade the firmwear by editing the
squeezebox.version file.  I'm now running 6.0.2 with version 11.
You can force an upgrade at any time by pressing and holding the BRIGHTNESS button.

Guess What?  Now *ALL* of my music is missing from the "Browse Music
Folder" menu.  I see "Music Folder (1 of 34)", But the next line is
blank. Each subfolder says "Empty" Great. Lets try a rescan, but, oh
wait..., that bombs the server.  So I guess for now I'm at your mercy.

Please advise,  I'll cool off.  Thanks

--tim

XP Pro
Firefox
6.0.2 firmwear 11
No symbolic linked directories
The crash from the rescan is probably a good hint as to what's going on. Try that and see if it crashes again. If it does, then please look in your Events log and see if there's an event with details about what happened.