I'm just popping this thread, because I too find it quite disappointing
that the Duet currently doesnot  have an asian character set included,
or at least a very easy way to deploy specific character sets to the
duet so that I can select what I want within the storage limits.

If there isn't an opensource font available, surely Logitech have
rights to a commercial one hanging around, or worst case Slim could get
one made. I regard it as pretty important - as with other users, my
previous experience with Slim products, it never crossed my mind that
the Duet wouldn't support this. Very un-Slim.

--
rh2600

Squeezebox Duet

Receiver wired to router
Controller wifi'd to router
XP SqueezeCenter wired to router

Router: D-link DSL-G604T-GenII ADSL Wifi