ezkcdude;335666 Wrote:

> 5) Is there anything else I should be aware of?

No, except for things you probably know if you've used Macs before:
Most of the lyrics around why Mac is better than the PC is not really
true: it's less stable than XP, it's not particularly good at doing
graphics (if you don't buy photoshop for the price of two Macs) and
video (if you don't limit yourself to Quicktime) and the keyboard is a
mess.
On the other hand: the negative side is also not true: I find the Mac
to be actually cheaper over the long term than a PC because you have a
lot of free stuff from the ix world for things where you would have to
buy software on a PC.

SC runs better on the Mac than on XP because Mac has better
scheduling.
MusicIP works fine, but I cannot compare to XP since I have never used
it there. There is an issue about startup order, though, that I don't
have since I only rarely use MIP on the Mac.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com