I remote stream from my music server at work every day.  A couple of
weeks ago, I noticed that files that have special characters in them
(accent marks, umlauts (sp?), etc.) will not play.

I first noticed this with Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene (which has
accents over the e's).  Today, I tried to play a Queensryche song, but
it wouldn't play due to the umlaut over the y.

They play fine on my squeezebox - it is only an issue with remote
streaming.

The behavior is that that track will start to play and is then skipped.
Squeezecenter just moves onto the next song.

On the remote end, I've tried foobar2k, WMP, and Songbird as players
thinking perhaps it was an issue there.  None of those players make any
difference.

Anybody else run into this?  Is there a workaround aside from
renaming/retagging my files to remove the special characters?

Thanks!

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 1 duet.  SuSE 10.2 Server running SqueezeCenter 7.2
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior