ezkcdude;338544 Wrote:
> I'd be interested to know if anyone can explain the following situation.
> I just purchased an iMac and set it up yesterday. I transferred my mp3
> collection over from my PC - where I had been running MusicIP and
> SqueezeCenter (successfully). I have about 13,000 songs in my library,
> and I thought it would take at least a full day to have MIP scan the
> entire library from scratch (as I stupidly forgot to copy over the MIP
> archive from my PC). Well, lo and behold, as soon as MIP was done
> importing the library, I was able to make mixes again. The whol process
> only took a few minutes. How is that possible? I was sure that MIP would
> have to analyze all the songs from scratch...unless, is the MIP
> "metadata" (for lack of better word) saved in each mp3 file? I'm just
> curious.
>
> Anyway, my migration over to the Mac was so easy. In addition to
> getting MIP integrated so quickly, my Duet/Controller worked without
> doing anything! Really cool. If I had known it was this problem-free, I
> would have switched along time ago.

You either had the analysis archived into your files or I believe the
MIP central servers record tracks and fingerprints and if your files
match up against these fingerprints then it doesnt need to do the
analysis phase again for the file.  Hence the different status of files
you see in the MIP GUI - Analysed, identified, validated, etc.,

Something like that anyway :)

--
cparker

www.spicefly.com - Visit for an enhanced Interface for MusicIP and
integration tips and tricks, Plugin coding tips and Spicefly SugarCube
the MIP AutoDJ plugin!