I wish people would try to understand that much technology is at the
forefront of the possible due to pressure from the very people who
complain if things go wrong.

Just as an example I recently spent three hours trying to find out how
to reset and setup a modem/router. The security set up of the WAP
facility wasn't obvious or explained in the manual. This task while
very easy for someone familiar with the router involved wasn't in any
way possible for the typical consumer. This is a "simple" modem
router....

I also had a real problem with a similar pice of equipment because I
didn't have the login password details of the web based gui. The punter
thought i was some kind of wizard. I had tried several long calls to the
help desk of the company concerned with little useful information picked
up.

my squeezebox experience has been completely different. As a fiddler i
have broken my system many times, but ALWAYS someone has come to my aid
even when my performance has been less than helpful.

To all those complainers I would say one thing. Calm down, explain your
problem in a concise and clear fashion and enjoy the bloody thing.

--
mudlark

SB3>CyrusDACX>PreXvs>ESPAudio P09B Active filter>NAP140+260A>Rhapsody,
Avondale and Naim cable, Kubuntu Hardy Heron server, linkstation for
storage.
SB3 Flycatcher 3A linear power supply.
Using SqueezeCentre 7.2 testing