jan80;340023 Wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't see that this is related to the issue we are
> discussing here.
> I don't want the SB to power up the server. I just want to get rid that
> scrolling message.

Yes, but if a WOL packet was sent then everyone could be happy, because
if your server is set to suspend after 15 minutes of inactivity then you
will find that you just get the idle screen saver for 15 minutes and
then the server will sleep, so no blinking messages.  If the server is
not reachable or doesn't respond to the WOL packet, then you will see
the annoying message, but quite rightly so... something is wrong.

I can see why the folks at Slim Devices wanted to get rid of the blank
screen due to the difficulty of diagnosing issues for customers, but
they forgot (or ignored) that this may be a regular use case.

--
dsdreamer