My server is also skipping some songs, basically refusing to play them
in the manner you described (tries for a sec, then bails on to the next
song)

- The problem is with the web stream only; the duet seems to have no
problem with the same songs.
- There's nothing in the log that indicates why it has a problem with
those songs, or why they are different.
- The song names are not special (I've got a lot of unicode named
songs, it plays some and not others)
- The files I've seen it has problems with are all FLAC, though other
it plays fine.
- I don't think it was doing it before the 7.2 upgrade, but I can't
tell for sure

Squeezecenter Version: 7.2 (installed through the ubuntu/debian
repository)
Remote Client: Winamp on Windows or Windows media player, they both do
it. Windows XP.

I'd be more than willing to help anyone who wants to debug this, I can
reproduce it easily on my system.

--
rleibman