Apologies, I see now you are thinking of using the demo unit as a 2nd
display.  A real (audio broken) unit could possibly be put into sync
mode w/a working unit and be used as a display only.  I would be
surprised if the demo had enough of the original parts or programming to
do the same.  A good thought though.