Hi, thanks for the reply. I have now tried connecting SB via ethernet
and get the same problem. It connects just fine, plays for a while and
then drops the connection. Sometimes it will find it again by itself
but always it ends up with the message "cannot connect to Slim
Server".

As this problem has only occurred since I installed SqueezeCenter 7.3
(which I have subsequently uninstalled and reverted to Slim Server it
feels like a software problem related to the server - perhaps some
temporary file left over from SqueezeCenter 7.3.

Anyway it's driving me mad because I use Squeezebox to enable me to
stream music as an accompaniment to my trumpet playing: I'm happily
playing along then all of a sudden I've got no "band" behind me!

Any other ideas would be gratefully received.

Richard

--
R1chardt