Chrobrego, unfortunately I do not have that router here to try to
reproduce. However I do have a question about the router firmware, are
you sure about that version?

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WGT624v3.asp

Sailnut, thanks for the details but I'm not sure the inconsistent
wireless signal pertains to this topic. We can speculate as to what the
cause might be, do you have a PC with a wireless adapter? Might be
interesting to try netstumbler.

Jbarnes1967, this isn't the first controller related issue we've heard
with the WRT600N. I also don't have one of these yet and it may be
tough as its been replaced, we do have the replacement WRT610N. Anyhow
please see here:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/RouterStatus

Jbarnes1967, firmware and encryption?

--
Ross L

Ross Levine - Slim Devices Quality Assurance