Thanks again Michael, I understand your position, and I am glad to hear
it is still an objective for you to solve this issue. I also needed to
vent a bit since it came as a shock to me.

I installed the fonts (simhei), it was easier than I expected, and it
is kind of acceptable: Chinese characters appear in the now playing
screen, I can't see them in the browsing by artist/album pages though,
and of course all the other "roman" characters don't look as good...

But in fact I am still left with another (bigger) issue. I am not sure
where to post this, so I describe here

Chinanico;345112 Wrote:
> And worse than that, I just realized it doesn't play the tracks
> either...

Even now when the Chinese character are displayed, the receiver
wouldn't play the tracks (either launched from the controller or the
squeeze center. I also realized it is true for some other (non Asian)
music, couldn't find a pattern for sure, but it seems those are files
with other special characters accentuated like "ê" (a French thing) in
the album or title.

I don't have my SB3 with me at the moment so can't try it, but never
had those issues before, I just upgraded to squeezecenter 7.2, it
wouldn't be related with the controller I assume. The strange thing is
that the right panel of Squeezecenter would display the track in the
playlist (but not the album icon), but it wouldn't appear in the right
panel under the album track list...

This might have been documented elswhere, so if you can direct me to
the fix, I'll appreciate.

--
Chinanico