I found the problem.  I just realized I am using something that calls
the CLI very 5 seconds.  The developer's response when I asked for him
to fix this problem is below.  Any chance you can make a little change
in the next nightly build to keep it quiet during the below query:

Michael,

It's a bug in squeezecenter. SlimPlayer plugin issues the following CLI
commands repeatedly (5 seconds apart):
<playerid> artist ?
If the current playing stream is a remote stream (internet radio) then
squeezecenter will fail on the artist ? command and log an error in
server.log.
The CLI api does not state this command is only allowed when non remote
streams are playing, so I consider this to be a bug in SC. In this case
the artist ? query should probably fail silently.

--
mkanet