I also have real problems with synching, and I have searched this forum
a few times for help on this, but I feel quite alone.

I find everything works perfectly for one evening, but sometimes by the
time I get home the next night, it's all gone out of sync. Other times,
it is just fine. I have a Duet, and an SB3, which spend most of their
lives synched together. The Duet is wireless, but the SB3 is wired -
curiously that works best.

In order to correct it, I have to restart the SlimCenter service on the
host PC. (This has got more annoying now that you can't see the service
in the Services MMC.) This usually works, or at least brings them
closer together, but often I have to bounce the receivers too. On bad
days I have to go through this sequence two or even three times.

When it's working properly, play starts immediately, but if it's not
going to sync properly, it can wait several seconds before the music
starts. I have even had it give up and start playing a track again, as
if trying to get it right.

Maybe an automatic restart of the service in the small hours might be a
handy option to fix this?

--
AntonyDN