results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=53394
Question: How many boxes do you have?

- 1
- 2-4
- 6-8
- 8-10
- >10

Jonnio;346631 Wrote:
> I am curious how expandable my current system is (I am at 2 SB
> receivers, and SBC, and a Boom with more in the near future)
>
> I am curious how many receivers people have run before they started
> running into sync or bandwidth issues.

I am at 9 units. All without issue, running SqueezeCenter 7.2 on a
Linux NAS. Even using the least efficient method of streaming FLAC, I
believe the system has been tested to stream to at least 16 devices
without any issues. Using MP3 it is probably even higher, the thing to
remember is that there is a buffer and that it is not a constant full
rate data stream.

Is there a point when one will run out of bandwidth or have too many
Slim Devices (basically the same thing)? There is, if I understand what
is at issue. It is where the music is transcoded and what format it is
in that will determine the network bandwidth used multiplied by the
number of devices needing data determines overall network bandwidth
needed.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5