AndrewFG;346750 Wrote:
> As various people have discovered, the SqueezeCenter scanner is not able
> to extract album cover art that has been downloaded from Apple iTunes
> store. This is because such downloaded art is stored by iTunes in a
> proprietary format that the scanner cannot interpret.
>
> In order to overcome this problem, I created a small Windows
> application that automates iTunes (via its COM automation interfaces)
> to copy the downloaded artwork from its proprietary folder and save it
> (i.e. embed it) directly within the respective MP4 (M4A) files
> themselves.
>
> Since the latter embedded art is encoded in a non proprieatary way
> (i.e. according to the MPEG-4 standard), this tool enables the
> SqueezeCenter scanner to find and extract the respective artwork images
> from the music files in the normal way.
>
> You can download it here: http://www.whitebear.ch/music#iTunesArtFixer
> (look for iTunesArtFixer)
>
> Also my M4A Windows Explorer shell extension is here:
> http://www.whitebear.ch/music
>
> The iTunesArtFixer application requires iTunes to be installed on your
> PC, and it runs on Windows Vista and XP.

Andrew.
This sounds a great bit of software, does it also extract the album art
for uploaded .mp3 files that itunes has located & stored the artwork for
in it's proprietary folder?
If so you have then created an extremely welcome application that will
be worth a few £/$'s to you...................
Simon

--
simonjedrake

QNAP TS-109 Pro (version 2.1.1 build 0925T) Seagate Barracuda ES 750GB
SSOTS 3.0 v 15. SC7 7.2 - 22900
2 x wireless SB3, 1 x wireless SB2, & 1 x SB Controller
& an old Qnap TS-101 (version 2.3.0 build 0618T) for secondary backup.
Panasonic BL-C30 Wireless Camera