milesbeverley;347647 Wrote:
> I am now getting buffer fullness warnings.
>
> Buffer Fullness
> This graph shows the fill of the player's buffer. Higher buffer
> fullness is better. Note the buffer is only filled while the player is
> playing tracks.
> Squeezebox1 uses a small buffer and it is expected to stay full while
> playing. If this value drops to 0 it will result in audio dropouts.
> This is likely to be due to network problems.
>
> Squeezebox2/3 uses a large buffer. This drains to 0 at the end of each
> track and then refills for the next track. You should only be concerned
> if the buffer fill is not high for the majority of the time a track is
> playing.
>
> Playing remote streams can lead to low buffer fill as the player needs
> to wait for data from the remote server. This is not a cause for
> concern.
>
> < 10 :      122 :100%
> < 20 :        0 :  0%
> < 30 :        0 :  0%
> < 40 :        0 :  0%
> < 50 :        0 :  0%
> < 60 :        0 :  0%
> < 70 :        0 :  0%
> < 80 :        0 :  0%
> < 90 :        0 :  0%
> < 100 :        0 :  0%
> >=100 :        0 :  0%
> max  : 8.274206
> min  : 0.000000
> avg  : 0.435097
>
> is this something to do with the problem?

Absolutely - this is the evidence of stuttering(apart from the fact you
can hear it!)...the buffer needs to remain pretty much full most of the
time, except at teh beginnign and end of songs - yours is mostly
empty!.

Also, before you fixed it, your wireless strength was no good - so you
had two problems - now you have one (the buffer fullness).

Now you need a Mac expert to help you - the only time I had this (on
XP) it was a bizarre IP/Mac address conflict. You might want to check
that the MAC address of your slim device (as shown in the settings on
th eplayer itself) do indeed correspond to the label on the bottom -
and also that you don't have an IP conflict. If possible, set the
server to use static IP.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods)- Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters,
Kimber & Chord cables
Outdoors: Boombox+Creative Sub (If I remember to turn it on...)