firstly, let me apologize is this is wrong forum - webmaster please feel
free to move this thread to a more appropriate place. but i am not sure
what is causing my problem...

i recently migrated to a qnap turbonas 409. it is running SSOTS 3.15
(latest), SC 7.2 (latest) and my SB3s are running FW 112 (latest).

everything works fine until i try to play AAC while synched. this
immediately breaks synchronization in that one player (always the same
one) will begin playing ~4 seconds before the other one. the only thing
i could determine to fix that was to restart SC on my qnap.

i am playing AAC through mplayer (included in SSOTS) and it works great
(yes, for me it does!), provided i am *not* synched.

even when the AAC track is over, following MP3 and vorbis tracks will
not synch anymore.

my linux knowledge is reasonably limited, sorry!

can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance,

dominique

--
dcote