Recently got MusicMagic plugin up and running, and wondering if anyone
can share some MM experiences with me?

On the whole, I'm finding it pretty cool: it's generating some decent
mixes for "middle of the road" stuff, but it seems to generate some
unusual mixes for "on the edge" sort of stuff.

e.g. if I go for a mix around some mainstream indie music (think Oasis,
Coldplay, Travis - and you've got the general idea), it works like a
charm.  But if I go for a mix around some metal (think Helmet, Quarashi,
Pantera etc) then it throws in a fair bit of techno-dance, and some
embarrassing pop.  Similarly, if I go for a hard-house type mix it
throws in quite a lot of embarrassing pop.

When I say "embarrassing pop" I mean that I've got a "Best Chart Hits in
the world... Ever!!!!!!!!!!" album that I bought in a moment of madness.
Among a couple of half decent tracks, there's some absolute dirge -
including a kind half-hearted-attempt-at-reggae track by Boy George
which is just shameful.  Particularly shameful when it turns up in a mix
of hard-house/trace.  In fact, MM seems to love this Boy George track
and keeps trying to sneak it in to almost any mix I request which is a
bit irritating.  I dare say it would fit quite well with something like
UB40, for example.  But I can't understand why MM tries to stick it in
the middle of a punk-metal mix or a dangerously hard house mix.

I've played with a few of the settings on the SB web panel (e.g.
"MusicMagic mix style" at the max value of 200) but there seems to be
only a marginal improvement.

Also, MM application was running for nearly 2 days and has complete
analysis - all tracks are apparently verified, and I rebooted the server
and got slimserver to rescan the music library.  As far as I can tell,
everything is as it should be on the slimserver side - any settings I
can play with in the MM application?  I kind of loathe to delete stuff
from my music library just for this purpose.  Even if I don't like a
some of the music, it goes against the whole idea of squeezebox to
delete tracks here and there.

Cheers!
Dan.