Re the problem you mentioned in the enhancement request (playlists
converted to linux names not working in Windows) a simple workaround is
to save the linux version under a different name on the QNAP, or better
yet, in a different folder. So you'll have a Win-compatible set of
playlists and a linux-compatible set of playlists. Admittedly, keeping
those in sync is likely to be a pain, but it does address the specific
problem you mention until a more elegant solution comes along.

For example, most of the time I run SC on my LinkStation NAS, but
occasionally I run SC on my laptop instead, still using the library on
the NAS. I simply point SC to different folders for playlists and it
works fine.

If you learn some basics of 'sed' (stream editor) it is easy to set up
a little batch file/script to help automate the conversion. sed is
freely available for both Windows and linux.

--
aubuti

Nothing high-end, but music anywhere I want it. LinkStation HD-HG
(debian) feeding:
Basement: SB2 > JVC JA-S44 > ESS Tempest LS8; Kitchen/Dining: SB Duet >
AudioSource Amp100 > 2 pairs Polk RC60i; Living room: SB3 > Technics
SA-EX140 > Bose Acoustimass 3; Bedroom: SB Boom + SBC; Study: SB Duet >
Klipsch ProMedia 2.0; Kid's bedroom: SB2 > Klipsch ProMedia 2.0
http://www.last.fm/user/aubuti/