> Get rid of the wizard and make assumptions to set the configuration.

That's very likely the way we'll be going soon.

> But I think upon trying to browse the music library to play something, detect
> that there's no music in the library, and inform the user that they need to
> perform a scan (any user interface - web UI, player UI, SBC).

My suggestion was to no longer display the wizard, if SC did find some source
of music (iTunes, system default music folder, MusicIP). Instead it should show
a welcome message telling the user what it had discovered, what was going on,
and where he could change/fix it.

--

Michael