I use a Harmony 670 which is one of the less expensive ones with a
monochrome display. It controls our entire A/V setup in the Living
room, plus the Boom in the kitchen which is open to the living room. 8
remotes in the drawer... it's awesome! Compared to other Harmony's I
really liked the button layout on this one, especially for controlling
DVRs. The Harmony One was not out when I bought mine, or I might have
gone for it instead.

autopilot;349299 Wrote:
> Only one time its a pain - when the SB3 needs a firmware update it asks
> you to 'hold' the brightness button for a couple of seconds, which you
> cant do on the Harmony (the brightness button is there, but it sends
> lots of commands rather than a continues one)...

I believe you can simulate holding a button down by doing hold for 3
seconds, then press again on the Harmony. There are some commands that
require a button hold on my DVR and this works for those using my
Harmony 670.

The automatic firmware update setting is under settings on the player
only, I believe.

JadeMonkee;349209 Wrote:
> I have a Harmony One that works a treat.
> One thing though, when selecting the device, I just typed in the model
> name as "Squeezebox".
> Later, I read that you should type it in as "Squeezebox Classic".
> This added several very handy shortcut buttons to the device (such as
> shortcuts to browse artist, search artist etc).
> So when you set it up, make sure you enter the model number as
> "Squeezebox Classic", not just "Squeezebox" (or was it "Squeezebox 3" I
> entered, not "Squeezebox Classic" - either way, be more specific than
> just "Squeezebox").
> HTH

Drat... I set mine up as Squeezebox and didn't get the extra goodies. I
wonder if changing that will mess up all my customizations?
Unfortunately, I can't update anything on my 670 until Logitech
releases an update to fix what they broke in the last software update.
:-(

--
MeSue

Sue