bwenzlau Wrote:

> Having it collected on the server will make it easier to cleanup the
> tags, and allow for archiving the music. On the downside, it makes the
> library vulnerable to them deleting music accidentally.

Well, I have an answer to the last bit, athough not without a drawback:
the main music library on the server is a read-only share. Anyone on any
PC can access the library to read, but not write.  The drawback, of
course, is a more complex ripping process: I have scripts set up on
each machine for ripping, but they all put the ripped files in a
temporary (read/write) share on the server from which there is a
separate step (scripted) to copy into the main library.  I'd like to be
able to fully automate this but don't know how to do this (on windows).

Ceejay.

--
ceejay