Been a while since I looked at this. In truth, this issue turned into a
showstopper for me and I've ended up using itunes and the iphone/ipod
remnote app instead. As I'm using softsqueeze, this works fine for me.

>From memory, the problem you are having is that the ReadyNas CPU is
particularly poor at running the resampling code

This is compounded by the fact that the initial scan only creates
caches for some of the artwork sizes used in the controller and the web
interface - the rest has to happen on the fly, which kill the user
experience.

Don't know whether any of my suggestions above were taken into account
in later releases, but to be honest, I don't really care at this stage.
The slim duo is packed up along with other redundant kit. I would peddle
it in ebay if it wasn't for the fact that it's got scratches all over
the back from where the controller was actually taken out of the
cradle.

Nice idea - bad implementation

--
cwinson