As I understand it, Squeezeboxes can't decode WMA streams.  To play WMA
files, SqueezeCenter transcodes them on the fly and sends the result
streaming out to the SB player(s) on the LAN or WLAN.

My question is- WHAT does it transcode WMA to?  I am using WMA lossless
files - does SqueezeCenter transcode this to a lossless format for
streaming to the players? If so, what format?

I noticed that with transcoded formats like WMA, you can't "fast
forward" the music.  Will this ever change in future releases?

Also- will there ever be native support of WMA in Squeezebox players?
Seems like you could do this in firmware.

--
milosz