Ben Sandee;352497 Wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:47 AM, PocketMumble <
> PocketMumble.3hqf9b1224762601 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Upgrading to 7.2.1 made my controller lock up frequently, always
> when
> > browsing to Music Library->Artists and then trying to select an
> > artist....the controller would lock up and then reset itself.
> > Going to Settings->Advanced->Software Update gave a message that
> there
> > was an update for the controller, but gave the version number as '?'
> > and attempting to update either failed or reset the controller.
> > Reinstalled SC7.2 and all is good again.....
>

> I had this happen when I upgraded to 7.3 nightlies -- it took a forced
> reboot of the controller for it to successfully upgrade.  I was getting
> the
> version '?' issue as well.
>
> Ben

Sorry, forgive my ignorance (I've had a fairly easy run with upgrades
until now :)), but when you say a forced reboot, is that something
other than just turning the controller off and back on again? After
going back to SC7.2 everything went pear shaped, so I've gone back to
7.2.1, but I'm still having the issue with the controller saying
there's an upgrade version '?' available.
So far the controller hasn't hung like it did last time, but I haven't
had time to use it much, so it may still happen again.....

Cheers!

--
PocketMumble