Ok. I think that once again a plaiist format compatibility issue between
SS, WMP or iTunes has corrurpted my playlists.

This is the second time this happens to me.

In a perfect world, I would like to create playlists that automatically
are populated with universal system references that any program can
access... that is, my entire library is on a big drive Z:/MyMusic/ and
all my playlists are on Z:/MyMusic/MyPlaylists....

and if the files are referenced as
Z:/MyMusic/Artist/Album/Song.mp3

then every programm on the system should be able to find them and play
them.

Fotr some reason that is not the case right now. I have duplicate files
of my plalists, one with a M3u and another one with a M3u~ extension and
I have no idea why.

So I am about to start from scratch when it comes to playlists but
really would appreciate pointers to achieve that "universal" nature of
playlists. I want to be able to use any programm to deposit playlists
(that is, M3U files) that any programm can play, and for all the future
as long as I keep files on volume Z: (but then again, perhaps a more
abstract network name is better??) will always play.

Any suggestions?

--
pablolie