I like a lot of ideas coming out. Being able to build a playlist from what you're currently playing would be great. I like Alex's idea of using 1..9 buttons and 0 to move current songs to a given playlist. Would very be nice.

That still doesn't allow you audition while browsing. What I would l really like to see is a way to audition a song while browsing before putting it in a play list.

I would see it working like this:

Add another menu item called Audition (under browse and available to the top level, or where ever it makes sense)
1. -> into Audition and you are faced with a list just like Browse Music
2. -> press play on a song and it plays the song directly without adding to now playing. 2a. '+' would add it to the end of now playing. hold '+; and it adds it to the top of now playing. (and maybe incorporate the 1..9 idea from Alex)
      2b. press play or pause and the audition of that song stops
3. <- browse to next song repeat (2-5)
4. press play on an album starts songs directly in order without regard to random setting and without adding them to now playing. 4a. '+' add current song to the end of now playing. hold '+' and it adds it to the top of now playing.
      4b. 'fwd' skips to next song if there is one, else stops
      4c. press play or pause and stops the audition of that album

5. after you finish go to now playing and press play, or save the list as a specific playlist as normal.

I would imagine this would be very doable in the current architecture, maybe it could implemented in the plugin (I don't know cause I haven't tried writting one yet). Should this be filed as a feature request?

Darren Cole