radish;350122 Wrote:
> The default search in the web interface works exactly like that - just
> type whatever you want into the search box and hit enter.

Hi, thanks for the reply, and apologies for the time it has taken me to
respond.

I'll come clean and admit that I held something back in my original
post because I am doing something very non-standard. I actually use the
"genre" field to store my own personalised ratings flags, including star
ratings (asterisks) and mood information (a custom letter within
brackets). The reason I did this originally is that I wanted
portability for my ratings, i.e I wanted it stored within the MP3 tags
rather than be tied to the application. The genre field was something I
never used, so it seemed ideal for what I wanted to do. That is, until I
moved over to SqueezeCenter...

The standard search you mentioned doesn't search the genre field,
whereas winamp does. For searches from the remote, it does not allow
you (as far as I know) to enter symbols such as asterisk or brackets.

I'm considering exporting all these tags and re-importing them into
another unused tag that is searchable in SqueezeCenter, as I don't
currently see any easy option.

--
indypants