I've created a custom-strings.txt file for myself to change instances of
favorite (US spelling) to favourite (UK spelling). I'm posting the
contents here because I thought others might find this useful, and it's
a backup for me!

I only discovered the custom-strings thing after my previous
customisations were overwritten, I can't find it properly documented
anywhere so in case you don't know, like I didn't, just create a
custom-strings.txt file in your server directory and any customisations
in there will be retained when the standard strings.txt files get
overwritten with an upgrade.

These are just the instances I've come across in my installation, if
you have more plugins you might find others in which case it would be
helfpul if you posted them here.

Code:
--------------------

  # Instances of favorite changed to favourite

  ADDING_TO_FAVORITES
        EN      Adding to favourites:

  FAVORITES
        EN      Favourites

  CSRF_ERROR_INFO
        EN      In order to request this URL from a Bookmark/Favourite, or some
means other than following a link from the SqueezeCenter web interface, you
will need to use a URL with a \"cauth\" security parameter. If you received
this error when following a link from the SqueezeCenter web interface, you will
want to make sure your web browser software (including proxy servers and
spyware/privacy software) is allowing \"Referer\" headers to be sent. Below is
the appropriate URL for the URL you attempted.

  DEBUG_FAVORITES
        EN      Favourites Saving & Playing

  JIVE_DELETE_FROM_FAVORITES
        EN      Delete Favourite

  JIVE_ADD_TO_FAVORITES
        EN      Add to Favourites

  JIVE_ADD_X_TO_FAVORITES
        EN      Add %s to Favourites

  PLUGIN_DYNAMICPLAYLIST_FAVIOURITESETTINGS
        EN      Favourite playlists

  SETUP_PLUGIN_DYNAMICPLAYLIST_FAVOURITESNAME
        EN      Favourites group name

  SETUP_PLUGIN_DYNAMICPLAYLIST_FAVOURITESNAME_DESC
        EN      Favourite playlists will be put in a group with this name

  PLUGIN_DYNAMICPLAYLIST_FAVOURITES
        EN      Favourites

  SETUP_PLUGIN_DYNAMICPLAYLIST_SELECT_FAVOURITES
        EN      Favourites

  SETUP_PLUGIN_DYNAMICPLAYLIST_SELECT_FAVOURITES_DESC
        EN      Select favourites

  PLUGIN_TRACKSTAT_SETTINGS_FAVORITES
        EN      Favourites

  PLUGIN_TRACKSTAT_FAVOURITES
        EN      Favourites

  PLUGIN_TRACKSTAT_SELECT_FAVOURITES
        EN      Select favourites

  SETUP_PLUGIN_TRACKSTAT_FAVORITES
        EN      Favourites

  SETUP_PLUGIN_TRACKSTAT_FAVORITES_DESC
        EN      The selected items will be put into the favourites statistic
group

  FAVORITES
        EN      Favourites

  FAVORITES_NOT_DEFINED
        EN      Favourite #%s not defined.

  FAVORITES_NONE_DEFINED
        EN      No Favourites exist

  FAVORITES_PLAYING
        EN      Playing favourite #%s

  FAVORITES_FAVORITE_NUM
        EN      Favourite #

  FAVORITES_FAVORITE
        EN      Favourite

  FAVORITES_RIGHT_TO_DELETE
        EN      Remove Favourite

  FAVORITES_NOT_A_FAVORITE
        EN      Not a favourite

  FAVORITES_ADDING
        EN      Saving favourites...

  FAVORITES_DELETING
        EN      Removing favourite...

  PLUGIN_FAVORITES_DESC
        EN      Save and edit your favourites

  PLUGIN_FAVORITES_PLAYLIST_EDITOR_DESC
        EN      The favourites plugin will also allow you to browse opml based
playlists and edit opml playlists stored on your server. Select the option
below to add this mode under 'Extras' on the server home page.

  PLUGIN_FAVORITES_LOADING
        EN      Loading Favourites...

  PLUGIN_FAVORITES_NEWFAVORITE
        EN      New Favourite

  PLUGIN_FAVORITES_ADD
        EN      Add to Favourites

  PLUGIN_FAVORITES_REMOVE
        EN      Remove from Favourites

  PLUGIN_MYRADIO_DESC
        EN      Plugin to store your favourite radio stations under the Radio
menu.  This plugin may be enabled to allow you to store your radio stations
separately from your Favourites.

--
StuartC