i totally respect your feelings and so on, and i don't mean to imply
that the reason everyone, or most people, voted for him is b/c he's
black, (although thats surely the case for a lot of people)

i'm just saying its become the number one "positive" of the election if
you simply go by the media or even what people are saying, (like in this
thread).  and its to me, totally besides the point.  al sharpton is
black too, so why didn't we vote him in when he ran?

i have to say though, your post doesn't make sense to me in this
respect:  you say you voted for him b/c palin wasn't qualified.  what
made you think he was?  and did it not matter to you their respective
spots on the ticket?

the frustrating thing to me about this whole election is that all the
things obama claimed he was, is actually all the things mccain is.  he
really was a moderate guy who crosses party lines, and gets things
done, and isn't corrupt.  a genuine hero.

but the reality is that style wins over substance, and that people were
just ready to turn over a new leaf, and go in a totally different
direction, regardless of the merits of the candidates.  thats my read
on it.  the icing on the cake then for a lot of people was the option
to also be so PC at the same time.  it was just a perfect storm.

the problem however as i see it, is we just bought a house without
having been in it.  one can only hope the floors, plumbing,
electricity, and so on are any good.  he's got four years to make his
case, he has no obstacles in congress, we all shall find out soon
enough the wisdom, or lack thereof, of this choice.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / SBC - w/SC 7.3b - Win XP Pro
SP3 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655