androidtopp;357631 Wrote:
> I have heard a lot of people get VERY slow throughput on these,
> depending on the quality of your house wiring, and how clean your power
> is. Could all be bunk, but I've seen few people be satisfied. I
> considered this option, but it was more expensive than what ended up
> working for me, and all those low throughput comments planted the seed
> of doubt in my mind. If it works, it's a great option though - since it
> has the power (see what I did there) to extend your network everywhere.

There was a discussion on this topic here not too long ago. Wiring in
US homes is often multi-"phase", and powerline adaptors connected to
plugs on circuits not on the same phase work poorly, or sometimes not
at all. Someone mentioned there was some approach or device to bridge
the phases to make it work better. Others mentioned this is not a
problem in the UK, where electricity service and wiring in a home is
typically single phase.

I've exhausted my knowledge of this, and maybe went beyond it a bit.
I'm sure good information is available on this from the usual sources.

--
Goodsounds